Wednesday, April 7, 2010

the night that JJ & I successfully broke in!

After a night of indulgence at 168 with Janelle and JJ, we decided to drive out to the house to see what kind of luck we would have. JJ followed me as we ventured out into the darkness of scary unpaved roads & when we finally got to our part of the terrace - blockades were preventing use from driving an closer to the house. Crap. & as I stepped outta the car to maybe remove the blockades by hand - a lovely security guard came walking along. I started making some small talk, he told me that I could just walk past the blockades, BUT that the houses were locked ... & don't try to get into them - uhh, ok, sure - whatever you say, hehehe.

So we took the walk & SUCCESS!

JJ was able to go to our backyard & through our walkout to then unlock the front door! Note for next nightly visit: bring a flashlight! (so that my photos are actually taken straight - hahaha).

04.05

This is a perfect example of a non-straight photo standing from the front door - trying to capture shots in the dark.

04.05

View of our home standing from a corner of the breakfast nook. The arches get me every time.

04.05

Well look at that, they're getting the walk-in pantry ready for shelves :*)

04.05

The definite hot spot in our home. Where most of the action will take place. View of our lovely kitchen - can't wait to see what the breakfast bar, cabinets & quartz will look like :D

04.05

Our naked, unstained (still regretting that) hardwood stairs.

I'm hoping that next time we go to visit, we'll have our cupboards in and possibly the toilets? Stacy (A's potential baby sitter) who closes 3 weeks after us already has her cupboards in - so it's making me question the logic of these Mattamy people, hehe. Well, I'm also just super anxious. So many things to do in the next few weeks and so much paper work to handle.

can't
freaking
wait

0 comments:

Post a Comment